Happy 5-Reps Friday!
Last week we covered both pricing and customer service on The Obvious Choice Podcast. Please click the link below if either topic interests you.
Moving on, here are 2 coaching concepts, 2 business nuggets, and a quote to consider this week.
2 Coaching Concepts
Think of your start with a new client as both the first date and the honeymoon. They'll be excited, nervous, and anxious.
With that in mind, they need to be clear on two things:
- What do I do now?
- Who do I contact and how do I contact them if I need anything?
Client Confidence Comes from Rigidity in Your Process
You’re the expert. Experts have a process. The more rigid your process, the more your clients will trust you.
2 Business Nuggets
Here's your businesses' list of priorities (in order)
- Make your service good enough to sell; not perfect.
- Sell it to somebody.
- Once it sells, take in feedback and make it better.
- Sell it to more people.
- At some point (maybe) do all the other business stuff. Or, don’t.
You don’t get paid for your knowledge.
You don’t get paid for your work.
You don’t even get paid for getting results.
You get paid for getting credit for the results of the work.
1 Quote to Consider
"Most coaches claim they want to change the world with their program, but really what they want is some combination of approval from their peers and instant gratification.
Your job is to help your clients solve their problems. Don’t compare what you know to what you think your peers know. Doing this overestimates the importance of the deliverables of your coaching and underestimates the importance of the coaching itself."
Want to share this issue of 5-Reps via text, social media, or email? Just copy and paste this link:
Yesterday I ate 7 tacos. Wish you were with me. Thanks for reading,
P.S. Pamper yo'self
P.P.S. Whenever you're ready, here are a few ways I can help you.
1. Listen to the Obvious Choice Podcast (free)
2. For career development, buy my book, Ignite the Fire. (1,000+ 5-star reviews.)
3. For world class support, apply for my premium business mentorship.
Improving fitness trainers.