Since 2011, the Personal Trainer Development Center has served as the premier source of free information for smart and passionate fitness professionals.
The PTDC archive contains more than 1,000 articles on the practice and business of fitness, written by hundreds of experts from all corners of the globe.
If you’re looking to work smarter, make more, and do a better job for your clients, you’ve found the right place.
Your first step is to become a PTDC insider by subscribing to our free email newsletter below:
Our founder, Jonathan Goodman, launched this website in conjunction with his first book, Ignite the Fire, as a way to bring together the best the fitness industry has to offer. The site has grown to become a worldwide resource serving more than 5 million visitors a year.
- Savvy sales strategies to give you the confidence to nail any sales meeting.
- Proven, cost-effective ways to get more clients to fill your schedule.
- Smart ways to generate new income streams to add to your bottom line.
And that’s just scratching the surface. We also have guidance in these areas:
- Online training, starting your career, opening a gym, coaching, programming, exercise instruction, communication skills, working with niche populations, marketing, social media, technology, and more.
But we don’t stop at top-notch content. We also have two of the largest and most supportive communities for accountability, mentoring, and support. Both are free groups hosted on Facebook. Click the links below; we’d love for you to join us in one or both of these online communities!
For Aspiring and Current Online Trainers:
For ALL Trainers:
- Join FIT PROS UNITE
Want More Support?
Since 2011, the PTDC has funded itself by producing world-renowned educational resources for trainers at all stages of their careers. We do not accept any advertising and act independently in order to provide unbiased information of the highest quality.
We happily ship worldwide and are proud to have sold training materials to fitness professionals in 85 countries at last count.
Online Trainer Academy (OTA)
Buy this if you:
- Are excited about online training
- Want to know how to make more, in less time, with a better schedule
- Would love to attain the only certification for online trainers
Jonathan Goodman’s Bestselling Books
In addition to Fundamentals of Online Training, the seminal textbook for online trainers, Jonathan Goodman has published seven books for personal trainers, including Ignite the Fire, which has 700+ 5-star reviews on Amazon worldwide.
The books are available from:
So if you’re ready to invest in your career, or join a community of your fellow fitness pros, or simply browse our archive of articles and resources, we’re here for you, we welcome you, and we hope to see you around.