Happy 5-Reps Friday!
Here's what's new on the Obvious Choice podcast.
Moving on, here are 2 coaching concepts, 2 business nuggets, and a quote to consider this week.
2 Coaching Concepts
A FITNESS EXPERT knows all the right answers out of the textbook.
An EXPERT COACH understands that fitness from a client's view if intimidating, confusing, expensive, and time-consuming.
Once's worth paying for, the other isn't.
Just a reminder that every time you land on somebody else's business, website, or IG account, you are entering their dream.
The person has poured their heart and soul into the space you're occupying. It's important to them and they care.
So, be kind. Always be kind.
2 Business Nuggets
Create content that 10% of your audience will LOVE, and 90% won't care about.
In business, the secret’s to be loved by a few, and ignored by most. General apathy is a death sentence.
You can rotate with each post, too.
Right now there are 491 million posts with the hashtag #fitness on Instagram. Unsurprisingly, the solution to getting customers is not to somehow outdo them all when you produce #fitness post 491,000,001.
Marketing to humans these days has become so (in)human. We spend our days practicing Human Avoidance Marketing (HAM) by stressing about things like social media because it addicts us and gives us data unrelated to our goals, not because it works best.
Research shows that over 90% of sales are ‘silent’ in that they still happen through mostly offline word of mouth referrals. They’re silent because we don’t hear about them. For that reason, we put too much focus on the remaining 10%, the leftover scraps, that can be measured and seen.
The truth? By the time a sale can be measured, all of the Obvious Choices have already been hired.
1 Quote to Consider
"Intelligent people have a tendency to overcomplicate things."
Want to share this issue of 5-Reps via text, social media, or email? Just copy and paste this link:
I'm drinking coffee but it's not working. Anybody know if there's a hotline I can call to make a complaint?
P.S. Definitely not fake
Please follow @itscoachgoodman on Instagram
For daily coaching tips, business advice, and fitness inspiration, please follow me on Instagram.
It's where I publish most often.
Also, I do loads of giveaways in my story.
If you do choose to follow, know that you're always welcome to comment and/or send me a message. I'd love to hear from you. Truly.
Coach. Author. World explorer. But mostly, Dad.