Wow. This has been a great week for me and the whole PTDC team. As many of you know I’ve taken a serious step back from my own personal training to focus on the site. It was a hard decision for me because I’ll miss some of my clients but one that had to happen for the site to thrive. The decision was one that I mulled over for 2 months. Interestingly the minute I decided to make the shift my mindset changed and opportunities presented themselves. The coming months are very exciting times for the PTDC. We’ve got lots of tricks up our sleeves and our readers will benefit. Without letting too much leak I will tell you this:
1. The PTDC is partnering up with an exciting fitness collaboration.
2. I’ll be releasing the 1st chapter of my book “Ignite the Fire” very soon. Initial reviews have been unbelievable.
3. The PTDC is in the beginning phases of partnering up with an established education company to offer PTDC seminars and educational materials across North America and web-based training for what it actually takes to be a personal trainer.
4. An App that will take over the World. (I’m keeping this one secret until later — but it will change the way you train and make your job a lot easier.)
5. Content will be drastically improved.
Also, I get a lot of messages / emails from great trainers asking how they can help. If you have anything you think would work for content here’s our contribution page. The best way to help is to spread the word. Share our materials via your social networks and encourage all of the trainers at your gyms to sign up for our newsletter.
A huge thank you to everybody already doing these things!
If you missed the PTDC posts this past week here they are:
So you want to make and market fitness equipment? – Jon Goodman with help from Josh Henkin, Ken Zelez, Marc Lebert, and Anthony Carey
Personal trainers shouldn’t periodize – Jon Goodman
Here are the best posts from online personal trainers
Box squats vs squats to a box (yes there’s a difference) – Tony Gentilcore
Break up those hips and fix that squat – Adam Vogel (on T-Nation)
Two deep squatting tips and my 20-rep squatting experiment – Anthony Mychal
Occupy muscle beach – Lou Schuler
The incredible and unaging triathlete – Alex Hutchinson (this is wild)